SSL MITM using Burp Suite Proxies
The Burp Suite is an integrated penetration testing tool that combines a variety of penetration test components to enable us to automate or manually perform better penetration testing and attacks on web applications. In the penetration test, we use the Burp Suite will make the test work easier and more convenient, even without skilled skills, only we are familiar with the use of Burp Suite, but also makes the penetration test work becomes easy and efficient.
Burp Suite is written by the Java language, and Java’s own cross-platform, making the software learning and use more convenient. Burp Suite Unlike other automated test tools, it requires you to manually configure some parameters to trigger some automated processes and then it will start working.
Using Burp Suite on MitM attack: collection of information, intercept passwords
- Enable routing and start arp-poisoning attack using ettercap (bettercap, mimtf…)
- Configure BurpSuite proxy
- Click on the proxy tab and then click on the options sub-tab.
- Click the add button and type ‘443’ for the bind port.
- Select the all interfaces radio button.
- Click on the request handling tab and check the invisible proxy support box.
- Run dns spoof atttack using dnsspoof
- Credential harvestingNow, you need only to wait for your victim to log into an HTTP or HTTPS application. Their credentials will be displayed inside a POST request within the Burp Suite interface.