velociraptor v0.6.4-2 releases: Endpoint visibility and collection tool
Velociraptor – Endpoint visibility and collection tool.
Velociraptor is a unique, advanced open-source endpoint monitoring, digital forensic, and cyber response platform.
It was originally developed by DFIR professionals who needed a powerful and efficient way to hunt and monitor activities across fleets of endpoints for specific artifacts, in a wide range of digital forensic and cyber incident response investigations such as:
- Responding to data breaches
- Reconstructing attacker activities through digital forensic analysis
- Hunting for evidence of sophisticated adversaries
- Investigating malware outbreaks and other suspicious network activities
- Continual monitoring for suspicious user activities, such as files copies to USB devices
- Disclosure of confidential information outside the network
- Gathering endpoint data over time, for use in threat hunting and future investigations.
Velociraptor is actively being used by DFIR professionals across cases such as these and continues to grow and develop based on their feedback and ideas.
The design goals of Velociraptor that we’re working towards, are to be:
- Useful – each artefact and use case must return valuable information to the user
- Simple – the design and interface must be easy for a person to navigate and use
- Guided – users don’t need to be DFIR experts, since all elements should provide informative descriptions and guidance
- Powerful – the user should not have to perform too much additional work to achieve their objectives
- Quick – performance should be speedy and resource impact low, while allowing performance to be managed when needed
- Reliable – each feature and artefact should work as expected and be relatively free of bugs and issues
Reset nanny when client connection failed. (#1780) If the client was unable to connect to the server, it backs off and waits. Previously the nanny was not properly heartbeated while waiting this resulted in the termination of the client when the client was offline.
Copyright (C) 2019 Velocidex