vuls v0.9 releases: Vulnerability scanner for Linux/FreeBSD
For a system administrator, having to perform security vulnerability analysis and software update on a daily basis can be a burden. To avoid downtime in a production environment, it is common for a system administrator to choose not to use the automatic update option provided by the package manager and to perform the update manually. This leads to the following problems.
- A system administrator will have to constantly watch out for any new vulnerabilities in NVD(National Vulnerability Database) or similar databases.
- It might be impossible for the system administrator to monitor all the software if there are a large number of software installed on the server.
- It is expensive to perform analysis to determine the servers affected by new vulnerabilities. The possibility of overlooking a server or two during analysis is there.
Vuls is a tool created to solve the problems listed above. It has the following characteristics.
- Informs users of the vulnerabilities that are related to the system.
- Informs users of the servers that are affected.
- Vulnerability detection is done automatically to prevent any oversight.
- The report is generated on a regular basis using CRON or other methods. to manage vulnerability.
- Scan for any vulnerabilities in Linux/FreeBSD Server
- Supports Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Amazon Linux, RHEL, Oracle Linux, FreeBSD and Raspbian
- Cloud, on-premise, Docker
- Scan middleware that are not included in OS package management
- Scan middleware, programming language libraries and framework for vulnerability
- Support software registered in CPE
- Agentless architecture
- User is required to only setup one machine that is connected to other target servers via SSH
- Nondestructive testing
- Pre-authorization is not necessary before scanning on AWS
- Auto-generation of configuration file template
- Auto-detection of servers set using CIDR, generate configuration file template
- Email and Slack notification is possible (supports the Japanese language)
- Scan result is viewable on accessory software, TUI Viewer on the terminal or Web UI (VulsRepo).
3ffed18 Change GPL v3 to AGPL v3 because of aquasecurity/trivy dependency (#897)
f54e725 fix(report): fill cert alerts from NVD and JVN feeds (#899)
cc13b6a fix(report): enable to report without NVD, exit if no OVAL data (#900)
8877db1 udpate deps, go 1.13 (#901)
af58122 for Amazon Linux image (#896)
b7ca5e5 feat(scan): add -wordpress-only and -libs-only flag (#898)
69b6d87 scanVuln => GetScanResults and writeScanResults (#891)
1fbd516 fix(report): fix too many variables while reporting (#888)
dec5d3b No warning(s) in the output file with -quiet option. Report command (#885)
d5e2040 awk is useless because ps already formats the output. Also, this syntaxe isn’t correct when the command is excuted on a container because of the ‘ . (#883)
4326bef Allow Offline scanning on Alpine (#877)
Copyright (C) 2016 Future Corporation, Japan