For a system administrator, having to perform security vulnerability analysis and software update on a daily basis can be a burden. To avoid downtime in a production environment, it is common for a system administrator to choose not to use the automatic update option provided by the package manager and to perform update manually. This leads to the following problems.
- System administrator will have to constantly watch out for any new vulnerabilities in NVD(National Vulnerability Database) or similar databases.
- It might be impossible for the system administrator to monitor all the software if there are a large number of software installed in server.
- It is expensive to perform analysis to determine the servers affected by new vulnerabilities. The possibility of overlooking a server or two during analysis is there.
Vuls is a tool created to solve the problems listed above. It has the following characteristics.
- Informs users of the vulnerabilities that are related to the system.
- Informs users of the servers that are affected.
- Vulnerability detection is done automatically to prevent any oversight.
- Report is generated on regular basis using CRON or other methods. to manage vulnerability.
- Scan for any vulnerabilities in Linux/FreeBSD Server
- Supports Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Amazon Linux, RHEL, Oracle Linux, FreeBSD and Raspbian
- Cloud, on-premise, Docker
- Scan middleware that are not included in OS package management
- Scan middleware, programming language libraries and framework for vulnerability
- Support software registered in CPE
- Agentless architecture
- User is required to only setup one machine that is connected to other target servers via SSH
- Nondestructive testing
- Pre-authorization is not necessary before scanning on AWS
- Auto-generation of configuration file template
- Auto-detection of servers set using CIDR, generate configuration file template
- Email and Slack notification is possible (supports the Japanese language)
- Scan result is viewable on accessory software, TUI Viewer on the terminal or Web UI (VulsRepo).
WordPress Vulnerability Scan (core, plugin, theme)
For non-commercial use, you can use this WordPress integration for free.
But for commercial use, You have to send a E-Mail to the WPVulnDB team.
For Details, see the NOTE:
If you are under any doubt if your software is classed as non-commercial and/or would like to inquire about commercial usage of our databases get in touch.
- cmdPath: A path of
wp-clion the WordPress server
- osUser: A OS user of
wp-clion the WordPress server
- docRoot: A path of document root on the WordPress server
- wpVulnDBToken: A token of WPVULNDB API
- ignoreInactive: Ignore plugins or themes which are inactive state
To scan WordPress, execute as below.
$ vuls scan kusanagi
Vuls collects WordPrss Core version, plugins and themes via
$ vuls report
Vuls detects vulnerabilities via accessing WPVulnDB.com via HTTP.
Copyright (C) 2016 Future Corporation, Japan