The Apache Software Foundation recently released its 40-page annual report for the fiscal year 2018 (2017.5.1-2018.4.30), the world’s largest open source foundation with more than 300 open source projects covering artificial intelligence and deep learning. , big data, build management, cloud computing, content management, DevOps, IoT and edge computing, mobile, server and web frameworks.
Highlights of the annual report include:
- Profit for the fiscal year 2017-2018: $548,630;
- There are 8 Platinum Sponsors, 9 Gold Sponsors, 8 Silver Sponsors and 14 Bronze Sponsors;
- 51 new ASF members, a total of 731;
- Has more than 6,700 code submitters;
- 16 projects upgraded from the Apache Incubator to a top-level project;
- Apache project category TOP5: libraries, big data, web servers, XML, and web frameworks;
- The largest Apache repository TOP5: OpenOffice, NetBeans, Flex, Hadoop, and Trafodion ;
- The Apache repository with the highest number of code submissions TOP5: Hadoop, Ambari, Camel, Ignite, and Beam
- The Apache repository with the most significant number of mailing list developers TOP5: Ignite, Kafka, Tomcat, Beam, and James
- The Apache repository TOP5 with the most substantial amount of mailing list users: Lucene / Solr, Ignite, Flink, Kafka, and Cassandra.