i2pd v2.39 releases: End-to-End encrypted and anonymous Internet
i2pd (I2P Daemon) is a full-featured C++ implementation of I2P client.
I2P (Invisible Internet Protocol) is a universal anonymous network layer.
All communications over I2P are anonymous and end-to-end encrypted, participants don’t reveal their real IP addresses.
I2P client is a software used for building and using anonymous I2P networks. Such networks are commonly used for anonymous peer-to-peer applications (file sharing, cryptocurrencies) and anonymous client-server applications (websites, instant messengers, chat-servers).
I2P allows people from all around the world to communicate and share information without restrictions.
- Distributed anonymous networking framework
- End-to-end encrypted communications
- Small footprint, simple dependencies, fast performance
- Rich set of APIs for developers of secure applications
- Short tunnel build messages
- Localization to Russian, Ukrainian, Turkmen, Uzbek and Afrikaans
- Custom CSS styles for webconsole
- Avoid slow tunnels with more than 250 ms per hop
- Process DELAY_REQUESTED streaming option
- “certsdir” options for certificates location
- Yggdrasil reseed for v0.4, added two more
- Rekey of all routers to ECIES
- Encryption type 0,4 by default for server tunnels
- Fixed zero-hop tunnels
- Set minimal version for floodfill to 0.9.38
- Fixed crash upon SAM session termination
- NTP sync through ipv6
- Allow ipv6 addresses for UDP server tunnels
- Consistent path for explicit peers
- Always create new tunnel from exploratory pool
- Better distribution for random tunnel’s peer selection
Browse anonymous websites
o browse anonymous websites inside the Invisible Internet, configure your web browser to use HTTP proxy 127.0.0.1:4444 (available by default in i2pd).
In Firefox: Preferences -> Advanced -> Network tab -> Connection Settings -> choose Manual proxy configuration, Enter HTTP proxy 127.0.0.1, Port 4444
In Chromium: run chromium executable with key
Host anonymous website
If you wish to run your own website in an Invisible Internet, follow these steps:
1) Run your web server and find out which host:port it uses (for example, 127.0.0.1:8080).
2) Configure i2pd to create HTTP server tunnel. Put in your ~/.i2pd/tunnels.conf file:
type = http
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 8080
keys = anon-website.dat
3) Restart i2pd.
4) Find b32 destination of your website.
Go to webconsole -> I2P tunnels page. Look for Sever tunnels and you will see an address like \<long random string>.b32.i2p next to anon-website.
A website is now available in Invisible Internet by visiting this address.
5) (Optional) Register short and memorable .i2p domain on inr.i2p.
Copyright (c) 2013-2015, The PurpleI2P Project