Wireshark Analyzer v4.0.3 released: open-source network protocol analyzer
Wireshark Analyzer is a fantastic multi-platform open-source network protocol analyzer. It can be used to check the analysis of data from the network host to survive, but also look to capture files from the disk. You can interactively browse the capture data, just capture details of the package, you need to analyze. Wireshark has some powerful features, including the ability to rich display filter language and view the reconstructed stream of a TCP session. It also supports hundreds of protocols and media types. It includes a similar tcpdump named tshark the console version. Note that Wireshark emergence of a few dozens of remotely exploitable vulnerabilities, and thus needs to be updated to the latest version, and do not run in an insecure network environment.
We do not ship official 32-bit Windows packages for Wireshark 4.0 and later. If you need to use Wireshark on that platform, we recommend using the latest 3.6 release. Issue 17779
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed:
- wnpa-sec-2023-01 EAP dissector crash. Issue 18622.
- wnpa-sec-2023-02 NFS dissector memory leak. Issue 18628.
- wnpa-sec-2023-03 Dissection engine crash. Issue 18766.
- wnpa-sec-2023-04 GNW dissector crash. Issue 18779.
- wnpa-sec-2023-05 iSCSI dissector crash. Issue 18796.
- wnpa-sec-2023-06 Multiple dissector excessive loops. Issue 18711. Issue 18720, Issue 18737.
- wnpa-sec-2023-07 TIPC dissector crash. Issue 18770.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Qt: After modifying coloring rules, the coloring rule applied to the first packet reflects the coloring rules previously in effect. Issue 12475.
- Help file doesn’t display for extcap interfaces. Issue 15592.
- For USB traffic on XHC20 interface destination is always given as Host. Issue 16768.
- Wireshark Expert Info – cannot deselect the limit to display filter tick box. Issue 18461.
- Wrong pointer conversion in get_data_source_tvb_by_name() Issue 18517.
- Wrong number of bits skipped while decoding an empty UTF8String on UPER packet. Issue 18702.
- Crash when analyzing protobuf packets. Issue 18730.
- Uninitialized values in various dissectors. Issue 18742.
- String (GeoIP country/city) ordering doesn’t work in Endpoints. Issue 18749.
- Wireshark crashes with an assertion failure on stray minus in filter. Issue 18750.
- IO Graph: Add new graph only works until the 10th graph. Issue 18762.
- Fuzz job crash output: fuzz-2022-12-30-11007.pcap. Issue 18770.
- Q.850 – error in label for cause 0x7F. Issue 18780.
- Uninitialized values in CoAP and RTPS dissectors. Issue 18785.
- Screenshots in AppStream metainfo.xml file not available. Issue 18801.
Updated Protocol Support
ASTERIX, BEEP, BGP, BPv6, CoAP, EAP, GNW, GSM A-bis P-GSL, iSCSI, ISUP, LwM2M-TLV, MBIM, NBAP, NFS, OBD-II, OPUS, ProtoBuf, RLC, ROHC, RTPS, Telnet, TIPC, and USB