radare2 3.9 releases: unix-like reverse engineering framework and commandline tools
r2 is a rewrite from scratch of radare in order to provide a set of libraries and tools to work with binary files.
Radare project started as a forensics tool, a scriptable command line hexadecimal editor able to open disk files, but later support for analyzing binaries, disassembling code, debugging programs, attaching to remote gdb servers, …
radare2 is portable.
The main tool of the whole framework. It uses the core of the hexadecimal editor and debugger. radare2 allows you to open a number of input/output sources as if they were simple, plain files, including disks, network connections, kernel drivers, processes under debugging, and so on.
- 6502, 8051, CRIS, H8/300, LH5801, T8200, arc, arm, avr, bf, blackfin, xap, dalvik, dcpu16, gameboy, i386, i4004, i8080, m68k, malbolge, mips, msil, msp430, nios II, powerpc, rar, sh, snes, sparc, tms320 (c54x c55x c55+), V810, x86-64, zimg, risc-v.
- File Formats:
- ELF, Mach-O, Fatmach-O, PE, PE+, MZ, COFF, OMF, TE, XBE, BIOS/UEFI, Dyldcache, DEX, ART, CGC, Java class, Android boot image, Plan9 executable, ZIMG, MBN/SBL bootloader, ELF coredump, MDMP (Windows minidump), WASM (WebAssembly binary), Commodore VICE emulator, Game Boy (Advance), Nintendo DS ROMs and Nintendo 3DS FIRMs, various filesystems.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows (since XP), GNU/Linux, OS X, [Net|Free|Open]BSD, Android, iOS, OSX, QNX, Solaris, Haiku, FirefoxOS
- Vala/Genie, Python (2, 3), NodeJS, Lua, Go, Perl, Guile, php5, newlisp, Ruby, Java, OCaml, …
radare2 v3.9 has been released.
- Implement anal.norevisit using SetU instead of Sdb
- Fix #15013 – jump/cjmp analop for m680x
- Fix the infinite aac issue, reduce false positives, speedup a bit (#15015)
- Fix mov.l/jsr ESIL for SuperH4 (#15039)
- Fix nopskip (its not fixed at all. just random typing here and there) (#15024)
- Add anal.nonull to avoid analyzing functions if starting by zeros
- Fixed i4004 arch to be according to spec (#15062)
- Fix zero register set issue (r2wars)
- Implement types field for zignatures
- Fix #14611: Vi-mode indication by prompt color
- Add a way to print an aliased without a trailing new line (#15031)
- Fix clicking on frame borders to resize
- Remove code for no-anal asm.bb.line (#14977)
- Make -m do an implicit -s
- Fix #14990 – multiple quoted command parsing issue
- Fix multiple quote cmd issue
- Fix #14019 – Move ta to aht, move other commands around, refactor indentation
- Fix #10851 – Solve slurp messages on http/sandbox/pipe
- Don’t run ldconfig when installing into /usr (#15049)
- Fix gdb reg write byte order (#15009)
- Improving slighty the process status check on Darwin
- On Darwin, expose process path
- ASLR check setting fix on FreeBSD
- Hackaround to get esil stepping on delayed execution
- Fix arm32 stmia post-increment (#14983) (r2wars)
- Support shm_open in shm:// and some code cleanup
- Fixing perms for Darwin
- Fix #15002 – Propagate write error issues into RCore.patch
- Print error msg if write fails (#14978)
- Fixing self:// perms issue on Darwin
Copyright (C) 2013 radare