radare2 4.4 releases: unix-like reverse engineering framework and commandline tools
r2 is a rewrite from scratch of radare in order to provide a set of libraries and tools to work with binary files.
Radare project started as a forensics tool, a scriptable command line hexadecimal editor able to open disk files, but later support for analyzing binaries, disassembling code, debugging programs, attaching to remote gdb servers, …
radare2 is portable.
The main tool of the whole framework. It uses the core of the hexadecimal editor and debugger. radare2 allows you to open a number of input/output sources as if they were simple, plain files, including disks, network connections, kernel drivers, processes under debugging, and so on.
- 6502, 8051, CRIS, H8/300, LH5801, T8200, arc, arm, avr, bf, blackfin, xap, dalvik, dcpu16, gameboy, i386, i4004, i8080, m68k, malbolge, mips, msil, msp430, nios II, powerpc, rar, sh, snes, sparc, tms320 (c54x c55x c55+), V810, x86-64, zimg, risc-v.
- File Formats:
- ELF, Mach-O, Fatmach-O, PE, PE+, MZ, COFF, OMF, TE, XBE, BIOS/UEFI, Dyldcache, DEX, ART, CGC, Java class, Android boot image, Plan9 executable, ZIMG, MBN/SBL bootloader, ELF coredump, MDMP (Windows minidump), WASM (WebAssembly binary), Commodore VICE emulator, Game Boy (Advance), Nintendo DS ROMs and Nintendo 3DS FIRMs, various filesystems.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows (since XP), GNU/Linux, OS X, [Net|Free|Open]BSD, Android, iOS, OSX, QNX, Solaris, Haiku, FirefoxOS
- Vala/Genie, Python (2, 3), NodeJS, Lua, Go, Perl, Guile, php5, newlisp, Ruby, Java, OCaml, …
radare2 v4.4 has been released.
- Replace shellscript, nodejs and V testsuites with r2r.c which is shipped by default
- Added initial analysis plugins for super-h and tricore
- Fix build and some runtime issues on IBM s390x
- Updated rap:// cleaned up implementation inside RSocket for client and server
- Speedup type linking (300x faster)
- Fixed all the timeouts and crashes from bins/fuzz
- Add support for retpoline switch table analysis (spectre/meltdown)
- Fix #16418 – Implement blind main detection on endbr+mov files
- Add commands to emulate a basic block or the whole path until reaching an address
- Fix support for the latest GLIBC for heap parsing
- Improved automatic function signature association for the imports
- Fixed afs command to show proper footprint
- Add support for typedef and added NSString type on darwin binaries
- Fixed all the t subcommands to print all types as C
- Improved visual class browser and the visual bit editor
- ragg2 now allows to change the path of the shellcode to run
- Graph visualization is now faster
- Use RPVector for io->maps – speedup map traversal (overall speedup)
- Lots of code cleanup and refactorings reducing memory usage and performance
- DEX loading is now 2x faster
- Fix assembler: MOV for x86 and LDR for arm64
- Improved the bin loader to support iOS 13.4 dyldcache files
- Improved support for ObjC IVAR fields loading them as C structs
- Add improved icc subcommands to print as classes as C, ObjC or Java
- Automated Emscripten (JS/WASM) builds in CI
- Fixed static build by defining a new file naming policy
- Default installation path with sys/install.sh is now always /usr/local
- Previous installations in /usr will be purged
- Only check for major and minor version numbers when loading plugins
Copyright (C) 2013 radare