radare2 5.3.1 releases: unix-like reverse engineering framework and commandline tools
r2 is a rewrite from scratch of radare in order to provide a set of libraries and tools to work with binary files.
Radare project started as a forensics tool, a scriptable command-line hexadecimal editor able to open disk files, but later support for analyzing binaries, disassembling code, debugging programs, attaching to remote gdb servers, …
radare2 is portable.
The main tool of the whole framework. It uses the core of the hexadecimal editor and debugger. radare2 allows you to open a number of input/output sources as if they were simple, plain files, including disks, network connections, kernel drivers, processes under debugging, and so on.
- 6502, 8051, CRIS, H8/300, LH5801, T8200, arc, arm, avr, bf, blackfin, xap, dalvik, dcpu16, gameboy, i386, i4004, i8080, m68k, malbolge, mips, msil, msp430, nios II, powerpc, rar, sh, snes, sparc, tms320 (c54x c55x c55+), V810, x86-64, zimg, risc-v.
- File Formats:
- ELF, Mach-O, Fatmach-O, PE, PE+, MZ, COFF, OMF, TE, XBE, BIOS/UEFI, Dyldcache, DEX, ART, CGC, Java class, Android boot image, Plan9 executable, ZIMG, MBN/SBL bootloader, ELF coredump, MDMP (Windows minidump), WASM (WebAssembly binary), Commodore VICE emulator, Game Boy (Advance), Nintendo DS ROMs and Nintendo 3DS FIRMs, various filesystems.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows (since XP), GNU/Linux, OS X, [Net|Free|Open]BSD, Android, iOS, OSX, QNX, Solaris, Haiku, FirefoxOS
- Vala/Genie, Python (2, 3), NodeJS, Lua, Go, Perl, Guile, php5, newlisp, Ruby, Java, OCaml, …
radare2 v5.3.1 has been released.
- Assembling invalid arm64 instructions dont result in invalid representations
- Add http.basepath to support sub directory handling for proxying purposes
- Support instruction descriptions when using the r2ghidra disassembler plugin
- Fix issues and enable the garbage collector when running @vlang scripts
- Fix arm16 ldr post indexing esil expression
- Fix r2pipe regression caused by a change in RCons buffering when chaining multpile commands
- Support user defined REgg plugins
- CI: Fix macOS builds and build debian packages on ubuntu18 instead of ubuntu20
- Fix prj.vc issue on Windows
- Add support for armhf/armv7 musl builds as well
- Enable build on less capable systems disabling threads, pty and other platform functionalities separately
- Fix sorting issues on RList and foreach_prev
Copyright (C) 2013 radare