LogESP: Open Source Security Information and Event Management system
LogESP is a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management system) written in Python Django. It features a web frontend and handles log management and forensics, risk management, and asset management.
LogESP was designed and built as a security application, and minimalism can be good for security.
- LogESP is built on the Python Django framework.
- LogESP does not require credentials, or installation of its software, on log sources. Event forwarding is left entirely up to syslog daemons.
- The LogESP web interface uses no client-side scripting.
LogESP embraces the Unix design philosophy. It is designed to be as simple as possible, in order to be easy to understand, use, maintain, and extend.
LogESP includes a few different applications:
- SIEM – Security Information and Event Management
- Assets – Asset Management
- Risk – Risk Management
Copyright (c) 2017 Dan Persons (firstname.lastname@example.org)