PAL: Performance Analysis of Logs tool
Performance Analysis of Logs (PAL) Tool
Ever have a performance problem, but don’t know what performance counters to collect or how to analyze them? The PAL (Performance Analysis of Logs) tool is a powerful tool that reads in a performance monitor counter log and analyzes it using known thresholds.
- Thresholds files for most of the major Microsoft products such as IIS, MOSS, SQL Server, BizTalk, Exchange, and Active Directory.
- An easy to use GUI interface which makes creating batch files for the PAL.ps1 script.
- A GUI editor for creating or editing your own threshold files.
- Creates an HTML based report for ease of copy/pasting into other applications.
- Analyzes performance counter logs for thresholds using thresholds that change their criteria based on the computer’s role or hardware specs.
How to download
If you wish to install the PAL tool, then download PAL_Setup. It contains the Microsoft installer files. Right-click and go to Properties of the zip file, select Unblock, and then click OK. Extract the zip file to a new, empty folder, and then run Setup.
If you just want to run it without installation, then download PAL_FlatFile. Right-click and go to Properties of the zip file, select Unblock, and then click OK. Extract the zip file to a new, empty folder, and then run PALWizard.exe to use the tool.
How to use
Run PALWizard.exe to use the PAL Wizard tool. Otherwise, use PAL.ps1 directly.
Copyright (c) 2017 Clint Huffman