ossec-hids v3.6.0 releases: Open Source Host-based Intrusion Detection System
OSSEC is a full platform to monitor and control your systems. It mixes together all the aspects of HIDS (host-based intrusion detection), log monitoring and SIM/SIEM together in a simple, powerful and open-source solution. It has a powerful correlation and analysis engine, integrating log analysis, file integrity checking, Windows registry monitoring, centralized policy enforcement, rootkit detection, real-time alerting and active response. It runs on most operating systems, including Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris and Windows.
Its that time of year again, our annual independent security audit! Joining our previous two years auditors, Apple Security and OVH Internet is security researcher Daniel McCarney (@cpu) who performed a very in depth analysis on our IDS engine updates (PCRE2, and more). With a project as critical as OSSEC in securing cloud and enterprise assets its very important to us to have independent assessments of the framework. So again we want to thank all of our auditors, old and new for their contribution to the project.
Coder? Tester? Enthusiast? If you’re interested in joining our team, or just interacting with the OSSEC community , email us for a slack invite at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- @ddpbsd – ossec-dbd, Add help output to dbd, #1833
- @NicolasCARPi – INSTALL, updating depenency list,
- @cpu – PCRE2, refuse to compile empty PCRE2 patterns, fix for Issue #1811, #1826
- @cpu, analysisd, resolves CVE-2020-8442 Issue #1820, #1825
- @cpu, analysisd, resolves CVE-2020-8443 Issue #1816, #1824
- @cpu, analysisd, resolves CVE-2020-8448 Issue #1815, #1823
- @cpu, Makefile, fix for DEBUGAD, #1822
- @jknockaert – dropbear rules, limit brute force rule to dropbear, #1803
- @mwidman, analysisd, Added non-standard Sophos UTM syslog timestamp format to pre-decoding. , #1794
- @drsjb80 – configs, Added authentication log file location for debian-based systems , #1784
- @ddpbsd – maild, Fix using a program to send mail, #1783
Copyright (C) 2018 Trend Micro Inc