sdrtrunk v0.5.0 Alpha 3 releases: decoding, monitoring, recording and streaming trunked mobile
A cross-platform Java application for decoding, monitoring, recording, and streaming trunked mobile and related radio protocols using Software Defined Radios (SDR). SDRtrunk is an integrated application for demodulating radio signals and decoding trunked radio network protocols and some related radio signal formats. The application does NOT require a discriminator tapped scanner and it does NOT require the use of audio piping applications like Virtual Audio Cable. All connections between the tuner or sound card and the decoders are provided by the sdrtrunk application. SDRTrunk uses channel definitions to configure and set up each demodulation and decoder processing sequence. In order to successfully decode radio signals, each channel configuration requires:
- Source – specifies where to get the radio samples from (tuner or sound card)
- Decoder – which demodulator or decoder to use in processing the source samples
Each channel definition allows you to optionally configure:
- Aux Decoder – additional in-band audio digital signal protocol decoding
- Logging – log decoded messages or events
- Recording – record audio calls or digitized baseband samples
The SDRTrunk application is programmed in Java and can run on any computer where Java is supported for the operating system and where the computer hardware (processor/memory) is sufficient for the processing workload.
Changelog v0.5.0 Alpha 3
WARNING: this is an alpha release meaning that it is NOT feature-complete and is a preview of upcoming features and may contain bugs. This version includes a completely redesigned playlist editor and it may corrupt your playlist. The VERY FIRST THING you should do is create a copy of your playlist: How To Copy Your Playist
- Decoding of third-party Cellocator GPS and Status packets on P25 Networks.
- Windows x86 (64-bit)
- Linux x86 (64-bit)
- OSX x86 (64-bit)
Note: Linux for arm-32 and aarch-64 are NOT currently supported
3. Optional Requirements
JMBE version 1.0.4+ is required for decoding APCO25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 digital audio.
Starting with Version 0.5.0 Alpha 2, you no longer have to install Java and compile the JMBE library. sdrtrunk now has integrated support for creating the JMBE library.
Legacy instructions for compiling the JMBE library are located at: https://github.com/DSheirer/sdrtrunk/wiki/JMBE
4. User Manual
Please post user support questions or report issues/errors to:
- #895 Funcube Dongle Tuner – Code Cleanup
- #893 Cellocator Packet Detection Improvements
- #890 RadioReference Import for Systems With Multiple Control Channels
- #886 Memory Leak With Call-DeDuplication and Recording Enabled
- #880 Tuner Unavailable Logging Improvement
- #879 P25P1 Message Framer Error
- #878 Startup Logging of Version and Build Information
- #866 Cellocator Packets Enhancement
- #839 Tuner Unavailable Logging
Copyright (C) 2017 DSheirer